How can I tell him I want another baby?

I want to have another baby! He doesn't want another baby and I just want another baby so bad. Our daughter is about to turn 8 months and he didn't really want her. I guess I"m just afraid to approach the subject.

Babyduche

Asked by Babyduche at 8:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am with you there. My husband and I are almost 30, he has 3 from a previous marriage and I have 2 from mine. I really want to have one together but he doesn't want to anymore because he says he is looking forward to not having children in the house when we are 50 (the youngest is 5). Anyway, I talk to him about it every few months when I feel like maybe he'll say yes this time but I definitely don't advise pushing it.
    bccw1234

Answer by bccw1234 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm in that boat too, but I would say don't push it. As bad as you want another, you might not be able to enjoy it because he will be so against it. Maybe if you gave him a little more time, perhaps once your daughter is 1 1/2 or 2, then maybe he'll get baby fever again!
    mommyofgracie

Answer by mommyofgracie at 8:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• THis is something that needs to be discussed between the two of you. IF you are both ready emotionally and finacially. I had my kids less than 10 months apart, and really got depressed when I found out I was pregnant with our 2nd child. I was not ready to push my daughter to the side, she was still a baby as well and needed me as much and the baby would. It was tough, but we made it through. Good Luck
    miss_rae

Answer by miss_rae at 8:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My husband was adamantly against us having another child for quite awhile. But now that our daught is almost one and a half...he is realizing how much fun she is! I think he was just overwhelmed by the work, crying, stress. Give him some time. Enjoy your baby girl now! I'm sure the first time she crawls into his lap and says "da-da" with a kiss...he'll be hook line and sinker for another. :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2008