How do you feel about:

Gay couples adopting children?

Explain your answer, please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, okmanders.

Where I work, we have several same-sex couples who have adopted children. Two women in particular have got to be the most enthusiastic parents I have ever seen! That they love their daughter is OH SO OBVIOUS.

Growing up in a loving home (no matter the sex of the parents) is WAY better than growing up without any love at all!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• growing up in a safe secure home w/ 2 parents of the same sex is a HELL of a lot better than growing up in the foster care system. so im all for it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• ditto okmanders
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I believe it is wrong. Being gay is obviously against nature. If they want to choose that lifestyle why bring an innocent child into it?
    Anonymous

• My lesbian sister and her partner are raising my neice and my neice never causes the kind of trouble that these lovely children in my neighborhood with straight parents has caused my family and me...just sayin'.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 10:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• of course!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I don't think a person can be raise "gay"..There are so many kids that need a home why can't the do it too. To each their own who to say it's right or wrong, as long as the parents love the child. There are some straight parents that should not be parents so I think it goes both ways. Let them do it.
    pandermom

Answer by pandermom at 10:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Babies need loving. Lots of it. Nurturing, and provision.

I feel a lot better about gay couples raising kids then I do about crackheads, pedophiles, prostitutes, and child abusers. I saw a lot of those with children when I lived in the city.

The sad things is, it's harder and more expensive for a gay couple to get a baby and much easier for the dregs of society. I'd rather see a little angel well cared for in the hands of a loving gay couple than some poor baby in rags being screamed at by her trashy mother.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• well i am against the whole gay thing....but if they are good parents and give a child a good life then yay for them!! as long as they didn't push that gay stuff on them.

right just like lovinangels, i'd much rather have a gay couple have a child then some crackhead or abuser...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I was raised by a lesbian couple and I turned out beautifuly. Oh and I turned out straight as is my brother. I think if you ask ANY orphan if they want to move in with a gay couple and have a famliy or wait and see if a straight couple shows up later they would choose to have a home with the first loving couple that walked in, gay or staight. I think it's disgusting that anyone would keep those kids from these couples because of their hated and fear. They should be ashamed of themselves and look in the mirror and be honest with themselve as to why they are against it. It has nothing to do with fear for these children and everything to do with their hatred and fear.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 11:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2009