What are your best porkchop recipes?

my porkchops are always dried out :( i realize this is my fault as a result of overcooking them but im also tired of the same old. ive done the crunchy onion, ive breaded & baked, ive smothered them in BBQ sauce in the crockpot, and ive marinated in lemon juice & garlic... any new ways to switch it up?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2013 in Food & Drink

• It sounds like you have made everything I have made! I do like the mesquite marinade that Lawry's makes, I love a smoky porkchop!
    If you sear them before you bake them, they tend to be more juicy!
    Tell me how to make the crunch onion one!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:32 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Marinate in lemon pepper, soy sauce, garlic, veg. oil and water for a couple hours and then throw them on the grill. Toss some pineapple rings on the grill with it and then serve on a small bed of rice.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I brown them a little, simmer them in a sauce made with a couple cans of diced tomatoes, chopped garlic and basil for about 25 minutes, and then serve them with fettucini and top with parmesan and mozzarella cheese. They turn out very tender.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• 3-4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
    1 large can (about 2 pounds) tomatoes
    1/4 cup chopped green pepper
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    pepper, to taste
    5 or 6 1/2-inch thick pork chops
    1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
    5 onion slices
    5 green pepper rings

5 mushroom caps

Combine rice, tomatoes, green pepper, chili powder, salt, and pepper in 9 by 13 inch pan. Mix well breaking up tmato chunks.

Arrange chops on top, salt if desired. Lay an onion slice on each chop.

Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 325 for an hour and fifteen minutes.

Remove foil. Sprinkle cheese evenly over pan. Place a pepper ring and a mushroom cap on each chop. Return to the oven for fifteen minutes.

I've left off the pepper rings and mushroom caps if I didn't have them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:44 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• You can pan fry them with a little oil and garlic powder / salt. Then remove them from the pan, pour a can of black beans and a cup of salsa of your choice in and simmer for a few minutes, then add pork chops back in to warm and serve.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:45 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• This sounds weird, but is sooo delicious!

I usually use a pork tenderloin and cut in one inch slices, salt and pepper both sides. Put in baking pan then sprinkle with brown sugar, not much just a bit. Then put a squirt of stone ground mustard on each chop and spread it around. Cover with a can of crushed tomatoes and sprinkle a bit of celery seed on the top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-70 minutes. Check for the chops to kinda fall apart when you poke them with a fork. I usually cover them with foil for the first 30 minutes and then take the foil off.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Put the pork chops in a baking pan line with tin fold . place the chops in baking pan, salt & pepper . Then pour over the pork chops, the BBQ sauce of your choice & put in a 1/2 c. of Coke & soak them 1/2 hr. Now, place the tin fold over the pan. .Bake at 400 at 45 min. enjoy your BBQ pork chop. you can used this at dinner or at family cook out......
    SueEllen7

Answer by SueEllen7 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Here's how I make pork chops.

Spread both sides of chops with yellow mustard and sprinkle with garlic powder.
    Brown on both sides.
    Place chops in baking dish, sprinkle parsley on top and pour in one can of chicken broth.
    Cover and bake at 350 approx 1 hour.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2013