Soda pop who knew!!! Must try!!!!!!!!!

Ok so when your ready to make ur cake for get about eggs water oil and what ever else the recipe calls for all you need is 12 oz of POP!! Any kind you want and you then bake your cake as you would normally and its amazing :) I know it sounds odd but it's the best cake I've had!

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I made chocolate cake with root beer yesterday !!
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Cool! If I use diet soda can I eat the whole cake? :) JK
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Hmm. I was skeptical but I Googled it and it seems this is legit lol. I don't like soda though, mostly because of the carbonation which I'm assuming wouldn't remain after baking. Does it make the cake super sweet?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I've heard of this but never tried it. I know beer bread is fabulous.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Not super sweet at Alll just super moist and awesome! Lol I baked it in cup cake pan it didn't even stick to the pan( of course I oiled the pan) but it came right out lol
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• You can also use a can of pumpkin, and it's much healthier than the crap in soda. Pumpkin makes it super moist.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Pumpkin really!? Ill try that next :)
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Yes, and you can't taste it at all. We add pumpkin to a lot of things to add moisture, vitamins, and fiber to food. We dump a whole can into spaghetti sauce. It also makes the best meatloaf ever! Just make sure it's pumpkin, and not pumpkin pie filling.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• My mom used to make Sprite cake, but I never had the recipe. It did taste good. I didn't know it would work with any cake and any soda, though.

I usually substitute canned coconut milk for the water or plain milk in my cake recipes. It makes for a much richer cake.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• a friend of mine makes a weight watchers cake that is a bag of frozen fruit, a box of cake mix, and a can of diet sprite. its really good and ya cant even tell its soda or that its low points.

ballad the coconut milk idea sounds delicious!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2013