do you and your SO/Hubby have different views on parenting?

i dont know how to deal with this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• very much so here! it gets annoying at times but we try hard to work together on it and planning out an agreement on it...usually most times we end up arguing about it and it never gets solved. really, i dont know what to do most of the times but most days are good as long as our children dont do something that would have both of us parents bickering about what to do.
    Anonymous

• We do and she is only 7 mos. We are in a predicament over discipline. I know people think that this is to young to but neither of us do but we are at odds on how to do it. We are trying to do it w/o arguing in front of her either. When someone can give some solutions it would be easier.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• having different views on things is what makes us..well us. it is IMPORTANT tho to sit down and discuss things. if not your kids will chatch on and start playing you against each other and then youll start arguing more and more.anyways its best to just nip it in the bud- sit down with a pen and paper and write out your view and how you should handle certain situations TOGETHER.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• These are questions that should be discussed BEFORE you decide to have a child.

And no we have no problem. We raise the kids my way. End of story. That's one good thing about being married to a man from an old fashioned Italian family. The women run the home.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• We Have Different Veiws But Like With All Things We Sit Down, Talk About It And Work Things Out.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 4:23 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• YES! I'm more of letting the child explore her world on her own and teach them to try things independently and then learn from their mistakes. my husband is the old routine, homework, help them with everything school. I think it's okay to take the kids out of school for a holiday in kenya where I think they will learn stuff no one else in their class will ever know and he is a "don't miss a day of school unless you are dying" kind of dad.
    bekalynn825

Answer by bekalynn825 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2009