Is there anyone that has a child in prison? Please, my son been there 3 years. I need a friend someone going throw the same thing I get to talk to him i time a month, when i send him money sometime I can't on fixed income. need someone to talk too. adult content

SueEllen7

Asked by SueEllen7 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• My grandson was there and it was the worst 3 yrs of our lives (entire family). Do NOT stop sending him money. Having money can be the only thing keeping him from being harmed in there. What state are you in? Mine was in FL. He finally got out but in FL they almost never give rights back to felons so he's screwed for a lifetime even after doing his time and paying his due to society. FL is one of only six states that do that. It's also big on ruining the lives of children by trying them as adults even if they are only secondary principles who didn't actually commit the crime itself. Kids should never be put in prison in my opinion. At such young years they have no clue what the life long consequences of "just riding along" with friends can do when some idiot driving comes up with a stupid idea to harm someone or rob someone/some place. My heart goes out to you. PM me or friend me if you want.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• simple stop sending him money. He got his ass in there and he needs to deal with it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• It must be terribly hard to deal with what you're going through.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Can you go & visit him at the jail? Can one of your other children or a friend take you or go with you? You don't need to send him money. He is getting everything he really needs there. I worked in a jail & money for commissary can cause it's own problems with other inmates stealing what you buy. He is being taken care of & to be honest, with "3 hot's & a cot", he doesn't have it that bad actually. I saw most prisoners leave more healthy & muscular then when they arrived. So I really think that you should take care of "you". How about join a local group of people your age like knitting or whatever you like. Go to the Library & maybe volunteer. If your time is occupied then you won't have time to constantly worry about him. He will adjust & make his own life there for a while. I know it's hard but he is there for a reason. Take care of yourself now. GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• http://www.justice4juveniles.com/
    These people helped me get through it. There were some Cafemom groups at that time that helped. They were originally for adult inmates but the information was still good to know and the support is amazing. We didn't put our loved ones in there but we cant' turn our backs on them either. They went down a bad path. That doesn't make them bad and being so young they learn a hard lesson very fast. Steve Harvey was talking the other day on tv saying minors in prison just teaches them more bad things. It can but hopefully, they never want to go back and steer clear. Our #1 priority now is helping him get over Post Traumatic Stress. He saw and experienced things no adult should ever see must less go through the fear of stuff happening to them. Just keep writing him letting him know he's not alone, that someone cares.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• How much longer does he have inside?

Answer by admckenzie at 2:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• http://justicewinds.blogspot.com/
    This site looks promising and more active. It truly helps finding people who care about what to do now to help the family and the child. Networking was my saving grace and helped me keep my sanity.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2013