When are you gonna grow up?

Ok so I had a friend, that ended up not being a friend, but now her best freind is 40 and stalking me at work, she has come in several times, since she found out I work there, and tries to harrass me. I really have nothing against her. I have had to go to managment, and LP (Loss Prevention has cameras) said they will kick her out of the store, and back me up if I want to personally press charges. I know she is a mother, I know she has had a rough life, and I want to warn her, am I being too nice???

jennieo622

Asked by jennieo622 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Warn who, the used to be be friend about her creepy new friend? What are you being "nice" about? Do you feel like telling her would be a favor? There doesn't seem to be enough background info here to really know what you are talking about. Interesting situation it seems, but we need to know more if you want us to help.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• OK she had a best friend from high school, show I just sometimes saw when my frind would host parties, so i met this woman a few times, but now that I am not friends with"Diana" her best friend, who I barely know is stalking me!!! And threating me at work. I would say to her next time "hey. Just so you know, I know you are a parent, and sont'twant to woory yourself with cout dates, but I can call you out right now, and have you escorted out o the store, and I can press personal charges on you for harassment.... SHE IS MEAN, but i just laughed her up. I am trying to make her see how wtupid she is being, none of this is any of her buisness, and our mutual friend, and I have just simply parted ways.... Leave me alone, and I will leave you alone!!
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• So she thinks she is defending the person you have in common, the ex best friend. If she is trying to start a fight then yes it is time to get the authorities involved. You have to protect yourself as well as your family. Let the law handle it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• If you're still on civil terms with the ex BFF, then can you talk to her about her new stalking BFF? And no I wouldn't warn the stalker. To confront her would probably just start problems. If she doesn't realize how immature and ignorant she's acting, you're not going to be able to show her. The next time she comes to your job and starts problems, call the police. You don't need to lose your job over this woman.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 11:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I think if she is harrassing you she knows what she is doing and as an adult probably has some idea of the possible repercussions.

I would not warn her, I would consider her being kicked out of the store a warning. She doesn't warn you before she visits does she? hehe.
    seriously I think it's scary for you- why should she be handled with kid gloves?
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 11:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2009