What do you consider someone who votes for whoever whether the president is a dem or a rep?

I'm not very political for the most part, but I don't only stick to one side. If I feel like the dem president is more fit to be over this country I choose him, Vice versa with a rep president. Of course I have my own personal beliefs and some of them line up more with rep than dem but not all. I'm kind of like an agnostic but in a political sense! lol j/k..Seriously though..If you need more detail you can ask. No bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Your position is generally refered to as being Independent. I am the same.
    Kaelaasmom

Answer by Kaelaasmom at 11:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yes I'm an independent as well. I have voted for both democrat and republican.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• What do I call someone who votes according to issues and the person running for office?

Smart.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I vote for whoevers issues support what I feel is right for the country and my family. That is how you are supposed to vote. I don't follow party lines, I vote with my brain.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i call them independent. welcome to the club! haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Interesting! I wonder why they don't have that option when you make your homepage on cafemom...
    Anonymous

• I call that person an American.

I'm a Republican, but I always check both sides out. You never know.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I am an Independent as well. I wouldn't just vote for one side... i agree and disagree with things on both sides... i will vote for whomever i think will do the job better.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I consider myself a Republican, but look at everything each candidate stands for. I would call you someone who doesn't vote based on party, but just based on the person.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I'm an Independent, meaning I vote for the person and for the cause, not just along party lines, regardless of what the party is.

I agree - those people are what I would call intelligent. I would also call them open minded :-)

To just blindly vote for something or someone because one party or the other endorses it or them isn't a good thing, because parties and their views change and evolve, and they might or might not coincide with your own personal views, but if you don't look into it and see what it's about, or what that person represents, and THEN base your decision on that, then you're basically just blindly casting your vote without any idea what you're really voting for, and in my opinion, that's worse than not voting at all.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:24 AM on Feb. 16, 2009