When do toddlers stop being so dramatic?

Everything is a huge deal for my 3-year-old to deal with. Some days there are huge melt downs over extremely insignificant things. When do toddlers stop being soooo traumatized by all the little things?

Kimberly2009

Asked by Kimberly2009 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It definitely gets better! This is a stage of learning to be in control and wanting to be independent. It helps to give the toddler choices so that they learn to feel independent and in control. Try to ignore the meltdowns as much as possible and make a big deal of good behavior and be patient. It certainly doesn't last forever even though there are days when it seems like it will never get better.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 11:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• as soon as you stop paying attention to the dramatic things. the more you pay attention to it the more they are gonna do it.
    Anonymous

• I think about at age five is when we noticed they were calmer and less dramatic. We have boy/girl twins.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You think toddlers are dramatic wait for the pre teens and teenage years,lol. Just listen and try to help him to figure out why he gets so dramatic and calm him down with some pleasant activity for you both to enjoy. When does it end , my son is twenty six and I am still calming him down when he has an occasional bought with his emotional side.
    Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 12:59 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• when my daughter has them, she's almost 3, i try and distract her . its as little as asking her whats on her shirt or something like that. that doesnt work all the time but it makes her forget what she was having the tantrum for in the first place. dont give them any candy or anything to make them stop because that makes it worse they'll do it just to get the candy.
    Bellakat456

Answer by Bellakat456 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2009