Mirena and weird cycles

anyone on Mirena have very odd cycles? I've had it for about 6 months now, the first 2-3 months periods were heavy and normal length (5-6 days) now i get my period once a week for one day usually, and its usually very light, but i still have cramping for a few days

calvinsmommy18

Asked by calvinsmommy18 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Mine isn't like that, but it is crazy. It's just the hormones. Talk to your doctor about it just to be sure.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• ive had it for almost two years. for the first month or so i had a regular period. after that it got to be less and less (like maybe a day) then nothing. I havent had a period since last july. my dr. said its normal w/ mirena.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I had a mirena from 05-07, and the whole time I had one my periods were NEVER normal. I never knew when or if I would get a period. Before the mirena, my periods were like clock work, I could mark on the calendar when I would get it. I got mine removed and DH got a vasectomy, and I am back to normal now. The mirena kept me from getting pregnant, but once I read about all the risks, ect I started getting really freaked out about it and I wanted it out. I'm not necessarily saying it was a bad choice, b/c I could not risk getting pregnant, and at the time I got it for free, so it was my best option. We had just had twins, so I could not risk missing a pill or something.
    JessicaGrizz81

Answer by JessicaGrizz81 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yeah my friend is having a hard time getting pregnant and she got hers removed a year ago, she also got a cyst on her ovary now..i believe i read that can be a side effect with it.
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009