Does prayer work for you? Do you get what you pray for?

I don't think anything that I prayed for has come to pass.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. But I pray for what I WANT and G-d knows what I NEED, and as it if usually happens, the 2 are completely different things.
    Of my prayers get answered with a "no", then I know it's something that it's not good for me at this moment.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• yes,because all I ask for is strength and patience to deal with my life

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Everything I have prayed for that I needed, I received. Perhaps not in the way I expected, but I received. I do not believe that prayers ever go unanswered.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 4:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I simply pray and ask God to reach out to a heart/soul so that the person will be more willing to accept His Son's death on the Cross.
    ***********************************************************

doesn't this actively work at interfering with that persons' freewill? Why are they not free to believe as they want without someone trying to get their god to interfere with that belief?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Prayer works for me because I am in touch with my Creator-king. I don't usually pray for specific outcomes; I pray that the best of God's plans will come to pass. I imagine people in the warm sunshine, surrounded and filled with the love of God.

Prayer isn't like a soda machine, where you put in your quarters and push the right button, and bingo! You get what you want.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Yes. Prayer works for me. I have been praying for a friend to receive Christ into her heart and she was saved just a few weeks ago.

It's not your job to "save" people. Why do you try to act like god?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I will say that God has a perfect will and we have to accept His will for our lives. Until a person accepts Jesus into their heart and asks for forgiveness from their sins, then God is not obliged to just answer any prayer that a person requests. He only hears the repentant prayer of a sincere heart. So if you've never accepted Christ into your heart, then it's a good chance that your prayers will go unanswered until you decide to accept Him and believe on Him for salvation.

Ya know its when I read bullshit like this that I have to smdh at how some people interpret the Christian faith. I mean it really illustrates how obnoxious this god is or is being represented.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Praying FOR things is an abomination

Then you do not understand prayer. it is not about things.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2013