How can I comfort my dd9 her molar is coming out and she is in pain?

I gave her Ibuprofen 4 hours later I gave her Advil I had her rinse with warm water and salt then later rinse with listerine then put oragel in the area but all this is just temporary...I am tired of seeing her in pain & mopping around.

How can I comfort her for a bit longer?

Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Seems like the only thing missing is something cold like Popsicles.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• If you have honey, dab a bit of it on the spot where the tooth is coming through.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Just do something to take her mind off it. It's just normal childhood pain. Have her bite an apple so it comes out.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Thank you ladies...but seems like every time she takes a bite into something she says it hurts and doesn't eat I had to force her to eat alittle dinner tonight. But has been drinking lots of room temperature water ;) (bottled water)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Advil is ibuprofen- just fyi. Since the tooth is loose just pull it out.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• LOL...@ Idareyou...I think you better re-read the question. ;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• OP: idareyou is right. Advil is a name brand of ibuprofen, it is the same drug. You stated that you gave her ibuprofen and then Advil 4 hours later. Those are the same.

You can put clove oil on her tooth using a qtip. It takes nasty but will instantly numb the gums. Don't get it on her tongue though. You can also measure out a dose of LIQUID ibuprofen and rub some directly on the gums, works much better than Orajel. Swishing with warm salt water helps to.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2013