Was your husband the first to know the gender of your baby?

This girl on my FB has been counting down the days until she finds out the sex of her new baby, which is today. She found out this morning and just posted "Who wants to guess? Go!" and among the comments is her HUSBAND begging to know lol. WTF?

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Well yeah, my husband was standing there next to the doctor when I had my ultrasounds.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Right? I mean maybe he HAD to work but wouldn't he be the first you'd call lol? People confuse me.
    maecntpntz219

Comment by maecntpntz219 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• My husband was sitting next to me when we were both looking at the ultrasound monitor.. so we knew at the same time.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Dang, I bet he wants to kill her right now! LOL

He was with me when we found out.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• The tech made him take a close look and tell me. He got it right! And I thought it was a neat way to do it.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• With my oldest, my then-husband was the first to find out after I did - he was out of town for work and when I got the call telling me what it was, I told him when he called that night. I didn't tell anyone else till after I told him (although my loyalty was rewarded by him screwing a stripper, but whatever).

My second, however, he was in jail, so I didn't tell him a damn thing. I also didn't find out until he was born because he refused to show the goods in the ultrasounds. lol But I told everyone else before I finally wrote my almost ex (at that point, we were 3 weeks from the divorce being final) a letter and told him I'd had the baby and what it was.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Nope my Dr. was.

I would be furious if my husband did that.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• No the ultrasound tech was. Then me and my hubby, then my doctor, my parents (spread to the rest of the family members), hubby's mom Spread to other family members), hubby's sister, and finally hubby's co-workers. The husband should be the first to find out if he wasn't there.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• No my mom was then my husband...Well actually my mom already knew it was a girl before I did. My dd refused to open her legs until I was in my 6th month. My mom told me she was like that, I did the same thing, and my sister also. My brother didn't care and had his leg spread for the good looking OB!! lol
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Well he was in the delivery room with me so we found out together. I didn't want to know ahead of time.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2013