What is the best free parental control program?

I have a 2 boys ages 13 and 14 that lost internet oriviliges last year for looking at porn in the wee hours of the morning. I (at least) thought I had stuff like that blocked but somehow they got by it.

Asked by smurfyangel at 7:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2013 in Technology

• Most of the big browsers have decent ones. I've used MSN's, they give email reports of activity and allow blocking of sites in a sensible way. You MUST be an admin on their computer to have any real control. That is key. Otherwise they can circumvent anything you set up. It will also allow you to have the computer automatically shut down during sleeping hours. GL

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Norton.... we use it... works great.

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I believe that after they started watching porn just blocking might be not so effective as far as they might start using a new channel that you haven't filtered yet. It might be good to block evidently inappropriate videos and simultaneously monitor what your children watch online. I have a talk to my 14-years old son every time porn or other bad videos are detected. Just have read this article - - and it might be useful for you too.

Answer by Jannet262 at 4:56 AM on Aug. 6, 2015