What would you have done?I almost decked a teacher!

OMG, I have been on the phone for over an hour with the principal. I walked into my son's after care today about an hour before most parents pick up, came down the stairs and I heard screaming, and I mean like bloody murder house is on fire rape type of screaming.
SIT YOUR ASSES DOWN, I SAID TO SIT YOUR GD ASSES DOWN, then bang bang bang, I was amazed to see the teacher then banging on the table with both fists, and continue screaming.
My son was on the other side of the room, another teacher poked her in the back and she realized I was there. I told my son to come on, as we were walking out, I asked him what the teacher's name was, she tugged my shirt, and said WHAT DID YOU ASK HIM? I turned and said, I asked your name, but now I will ask you, she said you have to understand these kids don't listen. I said your name please? (she had never been there before) She said, and I quote BITCH I don't have to tell you nothin'. I said well what you did and are doing is ridiculous, so I will go up to the office and will discuss this with you later.
She then says whatever, I was so mad I was shaking, come to find out she teaches kindergarten!
I plan on taking this all the way to the school board if I have to.

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 8:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2013 in

• Go get her! You got her name, right? Definitely work with the school, but also make very sure that the district knows about this. She should not be in that building tomorrow, and she should not be allowed to ever work with children again. If she is there tomorrow do not leave the other kids alone with her for another day. Look up.. I don't know... look up phone numbers of some school authority who can take action. She is a clear danger to the children in her "care". And I like the idea of making sure every other parent there knows exactly what is going on.

Suggestion - make sure your emotions are under control when speaking with the other parents and the other school personnel. It's very hard with something like this, but you will be much more effective if you clearly come across as a very calm, rational but concerned parent (as opposed to seeming overly emotional which might cause people to doubt if it really was that bad.)
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• OMG! She seriously needs to find another line of work! I hope she's a newby & not under contract or tenured. She needs to be gone!  Way to go on the self restraint too! At least 1 adult had some.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• OMG!!!
    You are doing the right thing. Sooo sorry to hear that happened to your lil guy!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I would be tempted to have my smart phone in video mode when I picking up your DS tomorrow.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• She does not need that job.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Wow! Just wow! I think I would have done exactly what you are did. Please keep on them about this horrible excuse for an educator. I'm sure there is some unemployed, sane, reasonable person who deserves her job.

What happened when you told the principal?
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I would be liv-id. You have no idea. Forget the phone I would be storming into the office! I would report it to the school board and I might even report it to the authorities as verbal abuse of a minor.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Don't let them sweep this under the rug. If you start getting the run around, tell them you will contact the local media. That's just beyond ridiculous to have a professional behave that way toward the children & the parents. There's no excuse. She sounds unstable & should not be working around children.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Show up early again but take your phone and video that shit post it on YouTube......... no really though it sound like she has real mental issues and should not work with people and def not children. holy moly

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 9:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Is this a public school? The teachers in my schools don't do after school care. I can tell you that if I acted that way with my students and parents,  I would not have a job.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2013