What kind of foods did you eat/

hey ladies,
im home relaxing after gallbladder removal surgery, im so scared to eat anything, what kind of foods did you eat after surgery/?

firsttimemom733

Asked by firsttimemom733 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I had my gallbladder out about 6.5 years ago. I vaguely remember pancakes and lots of ramen soup.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Just light foods for a day or 2. Like soups, sandwiches, fruit, jello. It's been 10 years since mine was removed & I still can't eat anything greasy, fatty, rich or spicy. I should be a twig for what I can't eat! Not everyone has to watch their diet that closely after having it removed. I'm just one of the lucky ones. :p Hope you heal quickly.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Different things set off different people, but one general consensus seems to be don't eat cheerios. I had other restrictions for different reasons, but easing into it seemed to be what mattered most - do something like the BRAT diet you're supposed to use when you have the flu at first, then slowly add new things in one at a time to see how you do.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I had mine out five years ago. I ate mild foods for a week or two. Scrambled eggs, soup, cereal, toast, that kind of stuff. I still have to be careful with too many fried foods.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• don't eat cheerios

^^^Do you mean just after surgery or always? They're pretty mild, & I can tolerate them, but I can no longer eat Lucky Charms. It's probably for the best anyway. :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Watch the bacon.. It could make you dump. Ugh...
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Stay away from fatty foods for awhile. How long ago was the surgery? You should be on a full diet by now, if you're home. Start with bland foods, but make sure you're getting some protein, like egg whites and chicken breast. Lean proteins and carbs. Crackers, pasta, etc should be fine for now. Advance to fruits and veggies and whole grains as tolerated.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2013