Was i wrong to say anything?

i found a new mom for our foster dog. my husband had become VERY attached to the dog. the woman is our age & friendly. while she was here meeting the dog she took a funny photo of our dog with her dog. i asked her to text it to my husband (he was at work) as i knew he'd get a kick out of it.

so, she takes the dog and she says she will keep me posted with updates on how the dog is doing so i could share them with my husband, who, again, is very attached to the dog.

she took the dog last week and i find out that she & my husband have been directly texting. she did not send the messages/pics through me as she said she would.

i told my husband that I felt it was inappropriate and I was uncomfortable with the text exchanges. he told me to "stop being insecure".

that teaches me i cannot share my feelings with him since he'll just shit on them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2013 in Relationships

• I would not be ok with that either. An ocassional, dog related text is OK but not actual conversations unrelated to the dog.

When I adopted our GSD from a lady she would FB me occasionally for updates and the reason she got rid of the dog was she couldnt afford her. A month lter she had a new dog, that dog lasted only a month with her. Then she got and ditched 2 kittens, and I finally deleted her when she talked about spending $1,200 on a new dog at the pet store. I am glad that she "couldnt afford" the dog anymore because she is the best dog ever.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Nope I don't think you were wrong. My husband and I have been married 25 years. I trust him, I don't think he would tell you that i'm insecure, but I wouldn't be thrilled about that situation. If I were the woman who adopted the dog, I wouldn't have even considered texting your husband directly. I would have done what you expected and sent pictures and texts to you.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:39 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Maybe he's being defensive, get his phone and block that chick or he might find another bitch to get attached to. lol

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 9:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• i asked her to text it to my husband (he was at work)

Was he not allowed to text her back? Is she texting him daily? Hourly ever few minutes?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• i asked her to text the ONE photo since it was on her phone. he did text her back right away and said how cute the photo was. THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE END OF THE CONVO. she specifically told me she would keep ME updated so i could share with my husband.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• You are being rediculous
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• all the parties involved were wrong.
    if you have a problem with your spouse texting another female dont ask another female to text him
    and his reaction was indicative of deeper marital issues
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• How do you know they are texting? Are you snooping or did he tell you?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• he called me to tell me something she said about the dog. i never snoop no matter what.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• i would just say to my dh to stop texting her. that i don't like that. and if he really cares for the dog, he should decide if he wants / can to have the dog back or what. what's the point of him being constantly updated on this dog's days. he should stop being / acting as a boy.
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2013