Would you have picked him up?

there has been increased police presence at my 16 yr old's school the last 2 days. this morning he texted me and asked me to come get him. the kids were talking about a possible shooting & he was scared. i went immediately and got him.

i received a recorded group message from that principal about an hour later stating that there were rumors going around and that there had been a few unrelated fights recently but he wanted to assure us our kids were safe and that they were working with the local cops.

i don't regret picking up my child even though nothing happened today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I dont think so.
    of course shortly after the Sandy Hook thing there were a few threats at my kid's school that made it to the news first thing in the morning and we ended up watching crappy daytime tv all day...
    i see nothing wrong with being reasonably cautious.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I say instincts and better judgment win every-time.. you are definitely right

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 9:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I'm not sure. The fact that my child is scared would deffinatly make me want to. I'd have to talk to the principle first and go from there.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• principal, because he's your pal.

I would have gotten my kid immediately.

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I would have done the same as you.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• er...I spelled it as princiPAL..... I remember that from grammar school days. what exactly are you referring to, staciandababy?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Definitely. This is just an area now days that we have to be so careful about. Plus, if my child is ever scared, I'm stepping in.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Definitely.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I would have been tempted to. I might have tried to get hold of the principal, but if I couldn't, and if my kid could tell me exactly why he was scared, I would have picked him up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2013