Have you ever been disappointed in your husband? Vent

Dh has been telling me these little bullshit lies all week. Over the dumbest stuff. Like today, he got home before me and dd and he'd had a couple beers. I asked him if he had been drinking and he said no so I thought I was imaging things. He didn't eat dinner with us because he said he already ate. Well like an hour later I went to throw something in the trash and saw beer cans. Caught in lie #1, but I wasn't going to say anything until dd went to bed. After she went to bed he reheated dinner so I was like "I thought you already ate" and he said he didn't. Caught in stupid lie #2. I called him out on both lies and he hasn't said 1 word to me since then. It's been like this all week. I'm not even mad anymore, just extremely disappointed.

Hollyhock.

Asked by Hollyhock. at 1:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• Sounds like he's got something on his mind or he's worrying about something. Have you tried to just sit down with him and have a heart to heart talk?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Every time I even bring up he just gets mad and gives me the silent treatment. He won't even admit that he lied to me, even though there's proof. I don't how to fix the problem when he won't even admit that there is one.
    Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 2:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Weird. Is this a new thing with him?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• He's a man and in being a man, he sulks or withdraws. I have 3 brothers, 2 sons and a DH. They're all the same!
    Just leave him be for awhile, eventually everything will come out.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I'd shout LIAR at the top of my lungs everytime so he realizes how much he's doing it.
    Does he drink like that often after work or is this a new thing?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Yeah, I'd be worried. He can only give you the silent treatment for so long. If you're not mad anymore, tell him you love him and want to know what's bothering him. It was wrong of him to lie. It does sound like he is kinda rebelling against something or needing space or angry about something. I hope he opens up and straightens up. Good luck
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 8:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Wow. Not big lies but you are right something is going on. Maybe he is worried about something? Is his job stable?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• This is a new thing with him. We've both had a rough couple of months and he just started a new job in December. It's stable, but it's more stressful than the job he had before and he's still kind of getting the hang of it. Do you think it would be better if I tried to talk to him sometime this weekend when he's off work? Maybe he'll be more relaxed?
    Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Maybe, But also let him, know acting like a child, will not get him anywhere, except "OUT THE DOOR".
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 4:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2013