My DH does not know how to communicate!

We just moved back to our home state. His family lives about an hour away from us. He tells me he is going to his cousins house tomorrow during the day time. I was fine with that. So I ran my errands for the evening and when I got home around 7:30pm he tells me he is going there tonight but he said he was coming back. I called him around 1am and asked if he was coming home and he said he won't be home until early morning like 7 am. I asked him did he pack clothes because I didn't see him take a bag and he said yes he did. He must have been planning all along to stay all night and his bag must have been in the car already before I got home. I am pissed that he did not communicate with me. I just feel like he thinks he can be out all hours of the night just because he is with family.

Do I have a right to be upset? or am I over reacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• I would be upset up if my husband did something like that. i would feel like he was trying to trick me instead of just being up front about it.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I would be more the upset. I would be pissed off.

Answer by louise2 at 6:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I would be upset. The whole thing sounds fishy - are you sure he went to his cousin's?

Answer by missanc at 7:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• If he kept it up, I'd tell him either you want to be part of the family or you don't, take your pick. That's really childish for him to make plans and act like he didn't by not telling you. My ex was kinda like that, he said I was being klingy, I said no, I'm not, don't care if you make plans to go somewhere, just let me know ahead of time and be truthful, that's what spouses, or SOs do.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 7:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• He's not staying with a cousin I guarantee it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:35 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I don't know maybe he is happy to be home and around family. Talk to him about this. Tell him what you feeling. Good luck.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I AGREE, Do not let this become a habit.

Why can he not take you and the kids ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2013