I am in need of some help!

my sisters kid is 3 and she is so mean. Shes like the boss over the house. She hits bites pulls my 4 year olds hair and just takes things from her. My sister lets it happen and she also tells everyone no and she doesnt have too. She is unruley... I really dislike her. And she screams and cries until she gets what she wants and then still cries... Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't go over there, tell your sister until she can learn to play nice they won't be interacting
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Its not your kid so don't worry about it. You could offer sisterly advice and tell her her kid is out of control and if she doesn't do something about it know the child will grow up to bully others and disrespect authority. I would also inform her that one of these days her DD will come across someone who will not put up with her BS and probably knock her a good one (as in school or daycare)
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Spend less time with them.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:44 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Do you live with them? Do you share a household or something, that has you together a lot?
    It might not be easy to limit your time with them.

Regardless, when you ARE together it is possible to respond to those situations (between the 3 & 4 year old) yourself. That doesn't have to be punitive or anything another parent (your sister) would object to.

A 3yo who tells everyone no or responds by saying she doesn't have to does not create an impossible situation or insolvable problem. If I heard a 3yo saying that, particularly if it were directed at me, I'd notice that she didn't like what she heard. She doesn't want to do it, or she feels like she's being bossed around.
    That's either understandable (it's normal to say No to something you don't like when you're 3!) or it's "on me" to some extent, because I believe there are many ways to respond to problem situations. Giving orders is only one (& not the most constructive option.)
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:43 AM on Mar. 8, 2013