Have you seen the previews to the new Oz movie? It's PG, but I'm concerned...

It might be too scary for 6 year old girls. They want to see it this weekend. Would you let your 6 yr old see it?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 9:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Entertainment

• I saw the previews myself and questioned why it was PG
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Did it seem too violent to you? It looks like a movie I would love, but it does seem violent. These kids are begging me to take them tomorrow. I'm afraid I'll be in the theater with 5 little six year old girls that are scared.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Our boys want to see it, but we'll wait until it's on DTV.. That way I can also look up the reviews, and decide if it's something I want them to see. As for whether it should be PG, not a clue, I haven't looked that closely at the trailers.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Maybe take a look at this. Sorry I can't make anything clicky...

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/oz-the-great-and-powerful
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I'm a little apprehensive to let my 8yo see it I may way for a few more reviews from people I know.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• It doesn't look to violent but looks like a lot of action
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• i have to wonder what the MPAA is thinking lately. i have a 6 year old, and while i don't know if Oz is violent, some parts seem "intense" for a child her age. and i dont know how breaking dawn part 2 managed to get away with a PG-13 rating. some of the fight scenes are pretty damn violent (tanya ripping caius' head from his mouth, jane throwing the little boy into the fire)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2013