Techno-challenged, please HELP! Kindle Fire HD, Ipad, or Ipad mini?

I don't know what you can do on each or what their main purposes are. I would like to have a Bible app, some kids games, check email, FB, and google, oh, and take pics/videos. Anything that is limited on these? Pros/cons? Thanks!

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 9:35 AM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Technology

• Honestly it depends on how much you are willing to pay. With my iPad, I can do all of that plus I have the kindle and nook apps. I use my iPad for Netflix, games. Skype, CM, FB, have a texting app, music, you name it. When we bought my husbands iPad a few weeks ago, we were looking at the mini and figured we would just get the new iPad because it was $150 more and was faster. Pricewise, a Kindle HD is cheaper.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• DD has a kindle fire hd, she loves it. My only complaint (and hers) is that the camera is only in the front, which is pretty strange.

I have a regular iPad, 2nd gen. I can do all sorts of things on it. I have a note taking app for meetings, plus a ton of other stuff. I use the kindle app on it all of the time. And I can borrow books from my local library in kindle or nook format. We took it to Israel with us last year and used it to skype with everyone. I barely needed my phone, we just im'd on skype or chatted if we were in the house.

DS1 just got an iPad mini for his birthday. It is just like mine and I would get one for myself if I didn't already have the iPad. I just like that it's much lighter than the regular size.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I have both an IPad and a Kindle Fire. For the money, you can't beat the Kindle Fire. I use it most - to watch Netflix, check email, read books, my kids play games, etc. Mine can't take pics because I got it before the HD came out. But the biggest drawback I've found is the amount of storage space for apps. Granted, I have like 30 - but I have 5 kids and they each like different apps, plus mine!
    But my oldest has autism and the best apps I've found for him are on the IPad. I'm sure they have them on Kindle, but most of the people I know with autistic kids have IPads so those are the apps I hear about.

Answer by missanc at 10:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I love my Google Nexus 7
    It got reviews that were as good as the Ipad

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• When you watch netflix, is it a download or a place for a dvd?
    doodlebopfan

Comment by doodlebopfan (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2013