Do you get "cute aggression"?

The phenomena of seeing something cute and want to squish it,pinch it,just eat it up?
Studies have shown that people who viewed pics of cuddly animals and babies were more likely to pop more bubblewrap (which was given to them) in response
Cuteness triggers expressions of aggression

I remembered this study after i just went over and loved up my cat. I love to kiss his fuzzy face!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I do have that. I just want to squish those cute little animals that show up on my facebook page! LOL
    snookyfritz

Answer by snookyfritz at 10:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• LMAO! Bubble wrap as the indicator of aggression. I guess that was a no brainer.
    Hmm, I don't know if I have that. I don't tend to pinch or squish or touch things that are cute. I like to admire them though. The only babies that I have squished are my own and I still do that even though they are 7 & 10. I just keep telling myself that they like it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:11 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I guess so, sometimes I can't help but, to squeeze my youngest & kiss her dimples.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• lol yup tha'ts me
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• no. i never understood why my ex mil would always say she wanted to eat my babies up. i thought it was really weird.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Isn't that a Southern thing? Being Southern myself I do fall prey to that emotion. I am thinking of those little rolls and dimples on toddlers. Sooooo adorable.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2013

• How odd - but I'm not a bubble wrap popper.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I never knew it had a name; just thought I was crazy. But I find myself telling my little girl I'm going to eat up her yummy toes, weird stuff like that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2013