what should i do about my husband spending more time across the street with a friend than with me?

my husband is always across the street. Like today we were going to have dinner together and spend time together but he went acorss the street to bbq with them he asked me to come i told him it was going to just be me and him and he didnt care he just left.

jp1129

Asked by jp1129 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• It sounds like he has more fun over there. Do you nag him a lot? Men really don't like being nagged. There's definitely a reason he's enjoying their company more than yours.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Try to compromise. If he asked you to come over there too, you should go. Then you will have more leverage when you ask for YOU time.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i would go over and check things out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Are there other women there or is it just some guy friends? I would assume that if its just guy friends maybe its more relaxing being there instead of at home. Not saying your a bad wife. Maybe he just likes to be able to be in a place where he can joke around and not have to worry about responsibilities. BUT if there are girls there I would be concerned he might be interested in someone there. Its hard to say but I would talk to him and let him know how you feel. Plus maybe you could set up a day that he can go over there and have his time but in exchange he needs to eat dinner with you during the week. Just an idea but whatever I hope things get better. Good luck hun :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I would have gone over with him. Then, maybe (if you all hit it off) next time you could invite everyone to YOUR house (the ultimate in leveraging power!) for a BBQ?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:31 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Start doing your own thing - make yourself unavailable to him. Let him wonder what you are doing - maybe a dose of his own medicine is what he needs.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 10:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2009