How do we tell the kids that I have Cancer?

I have just been diagnosed with cervical cancer for the second time in 2 years. Last time it was caught supper early and didn't require any radical treatment. But this time it looks as if I might have tumors as well... I am scared to pieces but know the kids need to know.

LovinKayla

Asked by LovinKayla at 12:00 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Health

• just tell them the facts, dont show them your scared and dont tell them the extent. If they see you freak out they will freak out, if they see your calm they will be calm....

Good luck! I hope everything is ok...!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:02 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I'm so sorry! Like Mikayla lynn said, just give them the facts. I think it's ok to tell them you're a little scared, but I wouldn't fall apart around them. Good luck to you. Praying that you have a full recovery.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I am so sorry to hear that. Like the others said just give them the facts and be straight up and honest with them.
    LND

Answer by LND at 2:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I agree with the other mom's just give them the facts and don't get too emotional when you are telling them. Stay strong mom and I will be praying for you and your family.
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009