What are your opinions on the possibility of drones?(edited)

And have you seen this video?

Here's a video

http://vimeo.com/34050994

How will it affect your life?  Can we trust the government anymore?

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 12:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I watched the video... pretty disturbing in some ways. But I dont understand your quesiton. The possibility of drones? There are drones. It's not a possibility. Drones do exactly what the soldier described, and have for several years.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I would be happy to answer if you clarify your question. The possibility of what?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I find it amusing (in a sad sort of way) how people are crawling out of the woodwork now to have an opinion on drones. They didn't give a fuck when both GW and Obama were using them to create new terrorists every single day by blowing up the wrong houses and the wrong people (accidental, acceptable loss, collateral damage) in other countries by using drones instead of live ground forces. Why do they suddenly care now in our own country, when it was no big deal when it happened in other countries with which we have never been at war?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Drones are not a possibility; they are a fact of life. A scary, disturbing fact of life.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Why do they suddenly care now in our own country, when it was no big deal when it happened in other countries with which we have never been at war?
    ==

Because this is happening on our soil, land of the free...and to Americans. It's not that we don't give a shit about those people its just...well...when it's happening to us...yeah...it is disturbing. Just like 9-11 was more disturbing to us than a car bomb was in Baghdad. It's shocking because it hits home.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Watched the video, damn....well I guess that will teach a man to get directions or ask for them! lol

But seriously, Obama has used drones as his favorite weapon of choice since he was elected and nobody says nothing. A US drone strike in Shin Warsak, on December 1 2012 marked the 300th drone strike in Pakistan during Obama’s presidency, according to Bureau research. CIA attacks have struck Pakistan’s tribal areas on average once every five days during Obama’s first term – six times more than under George W Bush.
    But as for Obama using them against citizens here, I think would get him into a heap of trouble. But he could use therm to spy on Americans though and target them in another country is they are suspected terrorists. Like he has already done.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:09 AM on Mar. 9, 2013

• The video is taking way too long to load for me for some reason.

Honestly, I have been on the fence about drones from the beginning. On one hand it seems like a safer way for our soldiers to combat the enemy, however it makes one wonder how many mistakes are made while taking out targets and how much collateral damage there is as a result. Unfortunately, the enemy in the middle east is a different kind of enemy than in wars past. It is much harder to know who they are. So while I don't like drones being used to take out targets, I can appreciate the lives it saves in many instances. The fact that they are so prevalent now and even being made commercially is concerning. Not to mention that other countries are getting their hands on the technology so it's seemingly here to stay whether I like it or not.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• How will it affect your life?  I really don't know.   I suppose it all depends on who the parties are that are using drones and what they are using them for.  I don't like some of the articles I have read on the drone technology and what they can use it for here, but I suppose that would be state matters for the most part.  

Can we trust the government anymore?  I don't think I have ever been convinced that I can trust the government, so there is no 'anymore' for me.  Not in a tin foil hat kind of way, but politicians lie.  It's just what they do.   I don't like the fact that it took a month and a half to get an answer from our AG on the constitutionality of using a drone on American citizens on American soil.   I find that very concerning.   

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2013