Cupcakes sent home because of toy soldier

http://connect.freedomworks.org/news/view/354852?destination=gac%2Fhome

This is getting more and more riduclious. What are your thoughts?

tracy0812

Asked by tracy0812 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't make it clicky, if someone could help me out! Thanks!!

tracy0812

Comment by tracy0812 (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• This fucking country is making it so our kids aren't allowed to be kids and they aren't allowed to have imaginations.
    LostSoul88

• Thank you LostSoul88!
    tracy0812

Comment by tracy0812 (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Well. Yes I think it's ridiculous. However. Most schools have a "no toy guns" policy, and TECHNICALLY those are toy guns. Yes I know it's stupid and a very far stretch BUT as a parent I probably would have thought twice before putting those on, though obviously they were meant to represent something good and not violence. But yes it's a sad world we're living in.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Fucking ridiculous. I think it's a cute idea and something dd would have been happy to get on a cupcake.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Schools are going way to far. I heard some kid got in trouble at school for bringing a bubble gun to school.

Answer by louise2 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Since when are the heroic men (and women) who served in WWII determined to be inappropriate for children to know about??? Those tiny figurines are in no way similar to bringing a toy gun to school!! Are schools going to start banning books that have pictures of soldiers, too? We do not need to be teaching our children that "guns are bad". We need to be teaching them responsibility, and what's appropriate where, and the difference between a historical figure with a gun, and a random nut job who fails to follow what is responsible, and appropriate. There has got to be a moment of common sense here where we all calm down, and address the real problem.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• more proof that zero tolerance is stupid.

whats next? not allowing teachers to teach history that includes bad things...like all the wars, slavery, mistreatment of minorities/women, the Holocaust.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• “My wife told them to remove the soldiers and serve the cupcakes anyway — and I believe she may have used more colorful language.”

This line made me laugh. Lady, I am right there with ya!

So now little green army men and Hello Kitty bubble machines (a different story) are the enemy we need to protect other children from? This is why DH and I have a very clear agreement that I will be the person interacting with the schools unless I need to bring him in as my BIG guns - he has no patience for this level of willful stupidity.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 2:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2013