What do I do!?

Ok so my DH has a younger sister and brother. She is 14 and he is 13. Anytime my DH picks on them about their love lives, one or both of them bring him his ex girlfriend. Now it's been 6 years since we've been together and they've been broken up. But they still bring her up and it pisses me off. I get that they liked her. And they were the first GF of his they met and they don't really know why they broke up (she cheated on him at her bday party and was making out with some guy and taking each other's clothes off) What do I do? Do I tell my DH that I don't like it? Do I tell my MIL? I don't want to seem like the jealous wife, but I think if my family is tasteful and kind enough not to bring up my ex from 6 years ago, they should do the same!

Momma2beauties

Asked by Momma2beauties at 12:09 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I would have your DH talk to them...
    They are young and probably are doing it to make fun of/hurt him and dont realize it hurts you...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• They are 13 and 14 who cares! You are married to him now, and you cant do anything about what happened in his past. Be the adult and let it role of your back.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:12 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• talk to him. let him know how u feel and then see what he does.
    the kids may be going to far. and prob. dont realize that its that big of a deal to u.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You are talking about kids! They don't have a clue about the rules of relationship. Don't let it get to you. It's not worth it, and you are all concerned for nothing! Just ignore it. If you make THIS an issue, you are no more mature than them!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• They are teens,give them a break. This is really a petty thing to be upset over.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• You don't want to seem like a jealous wife? But you are what you seem. They're kids. Why does't it matter what they say? But from this post I'd say you were a kid too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I didn't post this to be bashed! I'd like to see all of you just let it slide if you were in my position. If it were something I could just "get over" I wouldn't be asking this question. But this is something I've been dealing with for 6 years! And I guess if I could've explained ALL the deails your answers would have been different. Thanks for the bashing I appreciate it!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2009