What is an ultimate hold restraint please

My daughter has autism, is sectioned and I am very dissatisfied with her care, her psychologist yesterday told me that he had never had to use the ultimate hold restraint on her but others had. I am having them investigated

losinghopeinuk

Asked by losinghopeinuk at 2:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• It sounds like some kind of an immobilization procedure that might keep your daughter from harming herself or someone else. Did you ask her caregiver?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I googled it and from the sound of it, it is a COMPLETE immobilzing restraint of a person. It's usually used to remove an inmate from a cell. There is another one where the person is restrained in some kind of material and it has lead to deaths.

I would definately have them investigated. I have used a basket hold with out of control kids but never to the point where they cannot move. They are sitting between my legs with their back against my chest and I hold their legs and arms still until they calm down. At anytime, they are actually able to move out of the hold. They just don't realize it. It's more like I am hugging them. They whole time I am talking calmly to them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2013