Is this a sinus infection, the flu, a cold or a tooth problem?

I am so damned confused. I've been battling high blood pressure too, so I just really noticed these symptoms the past week or so. I have throbbing in my face, especially in the right maxillary sinus cavity. The right side of my jaw hurts, as does the teeth, both upper and lower. It hurts to chew on that side. I have been using my netti pot and after I use that, I feel some relief. This throbbing starts in the middle of the afternoon to evening. I rarely notice anything in the morning. I have been on one round of Amoxicillin and now am on Penicillin. Once I started on the Penicillin, it seems I am draining a lot more than I was before. I've developed a cough, non productive. I seem to have some chills from time to time.

I have been babysitting my granddaughter who has had pneumonia brought on by the flu. I tried to stay away when she was sick with the flu and never got that.

I'm totally stumped. Has anyone experienced this? What do you think it is? I don't want to spend money on both a dentist and a Dr. appointment (again).

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 3:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Health

• What Kristi said but it also sounds like it could be a sinus infection. We have that going around here now. My daughter has it and I think I may be getting it. I have had some trouble with sinusitis in the past. It can cause flu like symptoms (fatigue, chills, fever, muscle aches) as well as facial pain, pain in the eyes, head, and throat. Not to mention the stuffiness/drainage and the taste of infection. What a joy ride. The netti pot is good. I always use Simply Saline. Hope you are better soon!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Just think I should add. If you finish your antibiotics and are not well, it might be a good idea to go ahead to the dentist. Ugh, I know.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Middle ear infection......I have no clue. My DD has been siffering from a "thing" lately too. I THOUGHT we had it beat and she was 100% fine yesterday(even went to school and came home on the bus etc.)......got called today to pick her up from school. OMFSMWTFBBQ. Doctor can't find anything wrong other than symptoms of a fever (off and on) and her throwing up (most likely from the fever). Today she was telling me her molars hurt.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• IMO, it sounds sinus related. Most of the time when I have sinus problems my jaw hurts too, but I normally notice more pressure in the morning. I actually had to take 3 rounds of antibiotics in December for a persistent sinus infection. I have scar tissue in my sinuses, so I don't drain properly.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2013