Do you believe that miracles occur? Happy coincidence or act of God?

I do believe that miracles occur. It is possible that it is God.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I believe in miracles, but I don't believe every happy coincidence is a miracle. I believe God can and does intrvene, but not always or even often, at least not in the way we would like to see.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Define "miracle" and NO I don't believe they are acts of "god" since "god" is nothing more than a man-made ideology that has evolved into a tool to control the masses, weilded almost entirely by hypocrites or "pharisees".
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• This explains it for me... :)

Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• happy coincidences. for every 1% who beats a terminal disease, 99% doesnt. thats not a miracle, its probability.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• No. Sometimes good things happen. Sometimes bad things happen.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I believe in miracles. Could be either one
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I believe in miracles but I don't believe that there is some "god" doing all the work.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• IMO those who believe in miracles are afraid of coincidence. I mean what better way to stroke your ego than to think a god chose to do something special for you.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Miracle:  A surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is considered to be divine.

No.  I do not believe that miracles happen, even though many people do like to believe in them - they make people feel "special", like their god has paid special attention to them and granted them favors that no one else gets to enjoy.  However, by definition, I do not believe in miracles.  I think everything can be explained by natural or scientific laws. And, as okmanders pointed out, the laws of probability play a hand in what appear to be miracles - there may be just the tiniest chance of a certain, hoped-for outcome, but the chance is still there.  No miracles.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 6:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2013