Should a step parent be able to watch their step child?

i made a post in MC, and someone was saying that my dd's step mom shouldnt be able to be alone with dd....while no i do not like this woman, i have no issues with her watching my dd while my ex is at work.....

so what say you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I would say it's a requirement
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Whats wrong with step parents watching their step kids? I am a stepmom and I watch him all the dang time. He's mom doesn't care. I am not some evil person. I treat him like I treat my own kids. Unless the parent has a reason not to trust the stepparent I see no reason for them not to watch them.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• thats what i was thinking but she was saying i should have protested if i could have had dd with me, the custody agreement is 50/50 so shes with ex for 2 weeks me for 2 weeks(you get the picture) and then in the summer i get her for a month and her dad gets her for a month and then it goes back to 2 weeks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I don't see whya stepmother shouldn't be able to watch her stepchild, unless there's some underlying mental issue or other problem that has nothing to do with her stepparent status.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• You were complaining about the SM's smug face and having only a sweater on your kid while dropping your Ex off at the same job site as your current husband.
    Now you're upset because someone took your side and defended you over that B*tch (as stated in the title of your post)?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• MC?

That is rediculous of course she should be able to watch her step child.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• @feralxat i even stated in this post that i do not like her, i never said i had a problem with her watching my dd even though i do want dd with me more. and yes while she is a bitch and knows it again i have no problem with her watching my dd
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• If she is fit, why not? In our case, it's kinda inevitable. But, I and the kids prefer that when their dad is at work or gone and I'm at home, the kids are with me, within reason.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• people are weird
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• which question am I missing?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2013