Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Neighbor is selling drugs out of their house...

I live in a duplex and there is an identical one right next to me but across the street to the right side of our house. The neighbor is selling drugs out of their house BUT their stupid buyers mistake MY address for theirs. We have had people walk into our home, we have had numerous people at our door at all hours...I have called the police (who are NOT helping us at all) I have talked to our landlord (who could care less about any of his properties) and I have finally talked to them last summer, which obviously did not stop any of this either. I do NOT know what else to do, except move, which we are in the process of but we will have to wait a few more month still, since we are trying to fix our credit and buy a house. I am due in May and we have two boys living here, my husband works nights and I just don't know what else to do!!! This is scary! What more can I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (19)
  • Well for one thing, I would put touch alarms on the doors so people can't walk in without setting off an alarm. That would freak me the hell out. I don't know who you can speak to if the police aren't helping. Maybe put up a sign on your door that says "Sorry, there are no drugs here. You have the wrong house."

    Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

  • keep bugging the police.
    Start writing down license plate numbers and reporting them to the cops

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

  • I keep my door locked all the time because of this, but when it has happened either I was getting ready to leave or my husband was leaving or we were waiting for someone else to come over! It's awful!!! I have thought about the sign, but I am not sure it would get read and I am kind of scared to call that much attention to ourselves....

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

  • Ok, Get some yellow police tape and put a few strips of that up at your entrance.

    Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

  • We have bugged them, I have an officer's email that I keep sending him emails and we have given them license plates...this is just NOT moving as quickly as I would like....It has been going on for a solid year. It has gotten so bad that our neighbor that we share a wall with, would be outside last summer and someone would be coming up the driveway and he would say "Drug house is down one more!!" and they would get in their cars and go!!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

  • I'd stand out front and picket. I'd put big signs out that say "crack house" "police ignore the problem" and so forth. That will get SOMEONE's attention!!

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

  • Call the news and ask them to come and witness what is going on.

    Answer by jerseydiva at 5:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

  • I like the idea of the yellow police tape or some kind of deterrent that doesn't specifically call THEM out....I thought about "ALEX DOES NOT LIVE HERE" in a decal on the glass of our door....

    Looking at court records...he has several violent felonies involving weapons....I am not afraid of guns, however I am not trained to use one and I am not sure I would be able to in front of my kids....We are concerned with a drug deal gone wrong/bad address situation that brings their mess to our door....

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

  • Call your county commissioners and CC all emails to the police about the situation.
    They are elected and want to get re elected so they take complaints very seriously.

    Answer by feralxat at 5:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

  • I think JJKs idea is a good one. I would call the police non emergency number and ask to speak to a detective. Maybe reaching an individual and speaking one on one with someone will help.

    Answer by booklover545 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.