Is Easter considered Christmas version 2.0 in your home?

When I was a kid,it was a basket of candy,and maybe a stuffed animal. It seems now that parents go nuts with the gifts.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Holidays

• Living in the north a bike for easter makes more sense than one for x-mas...i mean hell, bikes and icy roads dont really mix
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I do Easter egg hunts that's all and it's only for fun. This year I'm going to do glow in the dark eggs and do our hunt at night. If the snows gone.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 5:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• No, Easter is much more low key as far as gifts.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I do a nice sized basket with candy, filled eggs, and a few cheap outdoor toys (not a bike or scooter...more like sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and a jump rope). I probably spend about $30 on each child, if that!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• No, we don't do anything for Easter.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• i dont think it is, but some might. the kids get 2 baskets, the "real" one from the Easter Bunny is just little toys...maybe a stocking's worth. at my moms house they get a basket full of candy. they also get new outfits, but again thats grandma.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• No. Never have celebrated it to that extent. My kids always got a basket with eggs and candy. My neice got a new bike. Try explaining that to a 5 year old! LOL! Now, I do not celebrate it at all.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• We hide a few plastic eggs full of candy in the house, color some boiled eggs, and get my daughter a stuffed animal or a movie or something. Easter is definitely not a big gift-giving occasion at our house, though we've considered bringing out the big girl bike we have tucked away for my daughter at Easter. It was too cold to give it to her for Christmas or her birthday.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• true Feral,but did you get a light X-mas then?

no, Chanukah was always pretty decent. Easter was candy and clothes (yeah, i know Jews and Easter we were pretty secular)

Although for my kids, when it was in the budget winter holidays have been huge and included winter activity toys. Easter did have spring/ summer gifts although perhaps not on the scale of the winter holidays.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• No, we've only done the basket w/ some goodies. Heck, we're still paying off Christmas by Easter time! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2013