What's that smell?! It is like second puberty at age 35 adult content

This is really embarrassing for me BUT I need to know if I am alone in this or if others experience this too. It seems like once I hit 35 I've started the gross part of puberty all over again; you know the body odor changes. My feet smell and they never have before. My pits sweat more and they smell different; not worse but different. The worst, though, is my girl parts. What on earth is going on down there!?!?! The sweaty crotch smell is horrible!! I mean when I pull my pants down to use the bathroom I practically gag myself. How do I expect my husband to want to be around me when I can't even stand myself?

The most important question I have is can I do anything about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2013 in Health

• I have no clue, maybe this is another thing "mama didn't tell us would happen" like chin hair, etc...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• Have you gained weight? Changed birth control?

Chances are you smell it more than anyone else would.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• It might be worth asking your doctor about it. It could be a hormone imbalance, which they can check with a blood test.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2013

• I'm actually a hormone balance researcher so that thought did occur to me but I have no other symptoms. I have no weight change, I haven't been on birth control in over 10 years, my periods are very normal and regular. I am sure I am the one who smells it worse than anyone else might. Age 35 is normal to begin seeing signs of peri-menopause so I do know there are hormone changes going on. I don't really think there is anything I can do about the why this is happening so much as if there is anything I can do to not smell quite so disgusting.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Even without other symptoms, I'd still bring it up to the doctor. It can't hurt.

As far as eliminating the odor - you could try a stronger deodorant for under your arms, like Secret Clinical Strength. And there's several brands of powder, like Vagisil or Summer's Eve that you could try putting in your underwear or even directly on your body. They have sprays, too. Those might help. Also, they have wipes that you could use to clean up - not that you don't keep yourself clean, but maybe doing it more often would help a little.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2013