Dumb' Identity Thief Hands Waitress Her Own Stolen ID Card

‘Dumb’ Identity Thief Hands Waitress Her Own Stolen ID Card

Neetzan Zimmerman

Applebee's waitress Brianna Priddy never expected to encounter her stolen driver's license again, much less in her own restaurant after having it handed to her by a customer who turned out to be the person who stole it in the first place.

But that's precisely what happened.

"Four people come in, walk in, sit down. They start ordering drinks. This girl hands me my ID as a fake ID," Priddy told 9News.

The Lakewood, Colorado, resident had her wallet stolen last month, and since then someone had been handing out bad checks all around town in her name.

"I didn't say anything," Priddy recalled. "I handed it back to her and said sure I'll be right back with your margarita. [I] went straight to the phone, called the cops."

While waiting for the police, Priddy kept the table busy with drinks and apps. "I don't know how I kept it cool," she told Fox 31. "I wanted to jump across the table and go at her!"

Officers soon arrived and arrested the woman — a 26-year-old hardly in need of a fake ID to order drinks — and charged her with theft, identity theft, and criminal impersonation.

"We found some narcotics in this woman's possession, so she's in quite a bit of hot water," said police spokesman Steve Davis, who noted that the first words that came to his mind after learning of the incident were "dumb criminal."

For her part, Priddy is surprised the thief got as far as she did, noting that she looked nothing like her.

Still, she had some helpful advice for would-be copycats: "You don't hand somebody their own ID as a fake."

http://gawker.com/5989188/dumb-identity-thief-hands-waitress-her-own-stolen-id-card

The thief must have graduated from the University of Duh!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:51 AM on Mar. 9, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Ohhhhhh what I would have given to a fly on the wall when the thief realized what she did after the cops got her!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2013

• LMAO! Talk about air brain!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 9, 2013

• mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Well in the criminals defense it had been over a month. LOL
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2013