Does your husband announce when he is leaving the house?

I know this seems small & perhaps petty but I am annoyed. My husband will just leave. This morning I was getting dressed and my husband came into the room to say that our son was being lazy. Then a few minutes later I see neither my husband nor son.

So I call. No answer. I text. Then I receive a call back saying they went to Starbucks. I was like, "thanks for telling me or inviting me". Asshole.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• Definitely.
    That was very rude of him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Did he bring anything back for you?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• DH always lets me know he's leaving. Especially with the kids!
    That's pretty rude behavior not to.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Always. He will let me know he's leaving and say goodbye.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Yes.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I would be annoyed. That was rude of him.

My boyfriend doesn't "announce" anything, so to speak, but he usually gives me a kiss and says he is leaving for work or whatever, or at least says goodbye. And he would never leave with the kids and not tell me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Yes, he always tells me when he's leaving and where he's going, along with when he'll be back

Answer by missanc at 12:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Mine doesn't announce anything but it doesn't bother me if he leaves without telling me.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• That was a DICK move. I could half-way understand if he was frustrated and left, but to take one of the KIDS and not say anything?! My man might come home to the cops being here if he did that. You don't just take a kid and not tell the mom. I would be so scared!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Yes, he lets me know.
    He usually lets me know even if he's just going outside (to do yardwork or some other outdoor task, not leaving ), but he wouldn't necessarily come looking for me to tell me that. (He'd just let me know if I were nearby.) If he were leaving to take a walk, he would come find me to let me know. And definitely if he were driving somewhere. Sometimes, though, he will go ahead and leave once he's ready, without actually letting me know he's going. So I might not know he has actually GONE, but I knew he was collecting the trash & recycling and that he was planning to take it to the transfer station. So if I see the car is gone, I know that's why.

I considered going to breakfast this morning and taking just one of my kids with me. Like, not making it a whole "family" thing. But my husband was awake (still in bed) at that time and I definitely would have let him know what I was doing. In the end, we all went.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 1:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2013