Unbelievable!!!

I'm sitting here at a dealership waiting for my oil change to be done. While waiting, I decided to wander through the sales floor because I am interested in purchasing a new car in the near future.
So..I opened doors, sat in a couple and actually opened the trunk on one to check out the size of it.
Not one salesman approached me! Unbelievable!
The salesmen on the sales floor have no ideal I'm here for an oil change, separate buildings.
The girl behind the desk was texting the whole time!

They just lost any sale for a new car from me!

PMSMom10

Asked by PMSMom10 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Wow, you'd think that they'd pounce on you like they're a lion after prey. Especially considering the economy, car salesmen can't possibly be making what they were 10 yrs ago.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• pretty shocking- BUT I'd be happier if they left me alone until I was ready to buy!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Write the dealership - they don't have to know you weren't buying that day, just tell them you walked around, nobody talked to you, so you'll be going elsewhere to get your next car. Mention the texting receptionist and what time of day you were there. The salespeople might not be on it, but in this economy, the boss probably wants to know that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I'm shocked. You'd think they'd be all overyou.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Same thing happened to my DH a few months ago. Two salesmen were on the floor and they stood there and chatted with each other the entire time my DH looked over a car. He had several questions, but just left after being ignored.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 3:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• you should have just taken one. :)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Wow, that's surprising! I went to pick up my husband's car at the dealership, and I had four salesmen standing there trying to pounce right when I opened my door.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Yup! It's the woman thing, they were waiting for a man to join you. How lame!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Did you go to the head person their and complain.

Answer by louise2 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• LOL!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2013