Ever had a yard sale?

i am thinking of holding my very first next weekend. my dd is off school all next week for spring break, its the perfect time for all of us to do spring cleaning and set aside everything we want to sell/get rid of. im hoping i can make enough money also to buy new chairs and table for the patio.

the thing is i dont know where to start with the spring cleaning! there is SO much stuff in this house. i guess ill have to tackle everything room by room... SIGH.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Yes. I used to have them every weekend. I made about 900 dollars from all the CRAP I had in my house.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• we did our first last Oct. i did it room by room and put the sale stuff in the garage, just wherever. then i tackled the garage. there are several online sites where you can list your sale times & big items so ppl in your area can see it. and make sure you put up signs around the neighborhood.

we made $200 at ours but it turned out to be a cold rainy day so we didnt do as good as we could have.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Ugh,yeah
    The only people that stopped were lookie loos.
    All that work,and I didn't make a cent.
    Never again

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Yes. My advice it to get some big bins or baskets, go room by room, get the things you want to sell, price them and put in basket. Then you just have to move them outside and set up. Make sure everything is clean, etc. it will sell better. And have lots of tables to display things. They sell better if people don't have to paw thru stuff. GL. I've made up to 1500.00 a weekend
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Nope
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Yes, the key to garage sales is organized tables, rows and rows of tables and GOOD signage.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• We had one back in October. We got rid of quite a bit of stuff and made some decent money. Then we donated everything that didn't sell, to get rid of everything. I sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay then and again today, and I still have a ton of stuff I want to get rid of. Seems like no matter how much stuff I clear out, there's always more to get rid of.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Sure, I've had plenty. My advice is to have a few big items like furniture, appliances, bicycles, or the like to draw people in with your ads. They'll come to look at the big stuff and leave with an armload of odds and ends.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I want to have one again, but I have to wait for my yard to dry up... Right now it's a swamp! The last one I had I made 585.00, but I sold a dirt bike, so 500 of it was from that,lol....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Yes, but I only do it when it's like a whole neighborhood thing.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2013