Do you own more than one business?

I own more than one per-say, I enjoy them a lot. I kind of mix them together in my work hours, but have a set schedule hanging on my wall and separate sites for them.

Do you own more than one? What is your schedule like? Is it at home or do you actually have to leave your house to go to work? Do you enjoy it? Are you successful in them all or only one?

I was told it is impossible for me to succeed if I don't just do one!? What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2013 in Money & Work

• I work freelance from home proofreading textbooks. My boyfriend runs a watch an clock repair shop. It might be possible to do more than one business if they fit together, like selling two different products, or if one was something like managing rental properties where you could basically set your own hours. But like in mine, there are busy seasons where I would have trouble meeting deadlines if I were doing two different things at once.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• You can succeed at anything you want if you're willing to put the work in. Kudos to you for being a business owner!
    Myself, I don't own a business.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I don't have more than one business but have a "day" job and home business. Its all about scheduling and time management for me. I know though I will get to a point where I will need to devote full time to my home business if I want to take it any further.
    31BeautifulBags

Answer by 31BeautifulBags at 9:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Techinically we own more than one, but we are landlords and our lawyer recommends not having more than $250,000 in assets under one LLC so we have multiple LLC's that own our buildings. They all have paperwork saying they are doing business as ....... and we use the one name for them all, but legally we own more than one.

If you are trying to get two businesses up and running I can really see that being difficult. It is hard enough to get one running and trying to get two at the same time can only be harder. Depending on the businesses I personally would consider getting one running well before starting the other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2013

• i agree you need to be super organised too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

• Hey Kim Kardashian has a ton of businesses! So does many celebs; I think you can but work on building one at a time and proffiting before jumping into another. I want to open more businesses once I can hire an assistant :)
    WorkAtHomeMom10

Answer by WorkAtHomeMom10 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2013