Do you have a college degree?

I was told I was a failure because I didn't finish college... I'm only 21.. And I have 3 Business Certification and am currently working on my fourth which I will be taking the state exam within a month or two... **I never said that I wouldn't finish college....

Do you have a degree and how do you feel about people without degrees?

Sorry about the category, I wasn't sure which to put it in :S!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2013 in Entertainment

• Yes, I do.

Without degrees: I hope that they have "something" some kind of skill, or certification, or license b/c it's hard out there without one.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Well, I have 3 and working on my 4th. And I have numerous college credits as well, but haven't found the correct direction for me. I currently own my own business and am pretty successful with it (for now, I hope it stays this way!!) Just curious..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Whoever told you that you are a failure at 21 because you don't have a college degree is rude at best. While it will be easier for you to get a good job if you finish college, you're hardly over the hill yet, and it sounds like you've been working on your education.

I have two B.S. degrees,one in human rehab services and one in nonprofit organization management. And I'm not working in either field, so you never know where life will take you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• yes and im working on my masters

i dont disregard anyone b/c of their educational status. now if they act a fool and are proud of it, yes i think less of them. but that has nothing to do with being a college graduate. there is more to life than a piece of paper that says you know stuff about things.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I have a BS, a national certification and I am working on my masters.... as far as people w/o degrees... not my place to judge. If you are happy with how your life is going that's all that matters!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I was a single mother of 3. I had to work then save money then find the time to go to school. Something always came up. It took me 25 yrs to get my first degree but now I have five college degrees. You are certainly not a failure.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I will in a couple months.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I do not.

I think that now, people really need college
    I always tell my kids not to be like me
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Yes I do. More than one. But I don't find the degree as important as just having training in something you enjoy....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I have 3 associate's degrees, 2 bachelor's, and a master's. I'm a school junkie. I guess I don't think much about what other people do unless they are complaining about the lifestyle they chose. If you're doing well, and you have a marketable skill, and are making responsible choices, I definitely don't think a degree is the be all, end all of life.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2013