H1N1

We've all tested positive for it...but dear good god, when will it let up?! Just when I thought I was starting to feel better, my sinuses are draining and my throat is killing me. No appetite. We've all lost weight. We've all been given Tamiflu and have taken it...so what gives?

If you've had it, how long is this going to take. It's been well over a week for me, and my fevers are gone, but geez!!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2013 in Health

• feel betterThat's horrible!  Hopefully the worst is behind you now.  Get better soon! (Never had it- knock wood) so don't know about how long your're down & out.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Thanks! This is definitely the sickest we've been in a LONG time. I need to talk to the doctor about going back to work. On one hand, I teach at both the high school and college, and I don't want to infect anyone. It is very contagious, plus I feel like I'm dying. On the other, I've been off work for a week, and my fevers are gone! This whole thing just sucks.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Did you get the flu shot this year? I thought that Tamiflu worked well if it's given early enough. I'm also a firm believer in taking vitamins C, Zinc & Echinacea. (A combo of those are found in Airborn)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• Hope you're back to feeling better soon! I know for us this has been one of the sickest winters in years.... I'm sure you've heard it all, but honey, and lemon in green tea always helped me...Also ibuprofen for the throat pain..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• No, we did not have the flu shot. My aunt that is an OB nurse said that they're required to being around the little babies like that, but her entire ward had been taken out at one time or another this year with the flu anyway. I asked her if it was a different strain than the vaccine or something, and she said that they were told that a whole bunch of doses of the vaccine got released that were no good. Still would have had a better chance than not having the shot at all I guess!!

And Mrs.Leftlane, I'm willing to try it all at this point. LOL! I had been doing the Theraflu which is the drink you heat up and drink like a tea, but we've got the honey, lemon, and green tea, too...so why not!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I'm sorry you've been so sick! I had the H1N1 about 2 years ago. It's AWFUL!
    About 3 months ago I had the Norovirus and I just wanted someone to shoot me!
    Hope you feel better soon! It has been a horrible year for flus, colds etc.
    I've also seen numerous cases of Pneumonia!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• 5 days of fever and a wicked, awful head cold after. It took three weeks for me to recover
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2013