Have you ever written to your congressman, senator, etc? If so...

did you get one of those stupid form letters in return or was it more personal? Do you feel like your letter made a difference? Just curious

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I have several times. Mostly it is a form letter. I have gtten a couple of personal letters. Though it was probably the same letter dictated for several perople andthen signed.
    I am not sure if it made any difference in the outcomes but it made a difference to me.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I have and yes I've gotten a response, but not a personal one from the congressman. I think it does make a difference.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I am a congressional email nuisance. After they send me the form letter, I send them another email bitching at them for wasting our money on a form letter when they could email back for free.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I wrote, but it made no difference whatsoever. I know because not only did I get a form letter in return, but it was a form letter thanking me for agreeing with the very thing I had written to express my opposition of.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I emailed five. I got a personal response return email from two of them.

Answer by missanc at 10:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I have written and have not gotten a response. I have written in support and also opposing one's policy. Neither were interested in responding. I did not expect a response to the letters in support because I wasn't asking questions. I did ask questions that I was hoping for the answers to in the letter of opposition, but his time was running short and his political ideals were very different than mine. Thankfully he only had one 2 year term.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I have and never gotten a response from 2 congressmen. Another time, I spoke to his office manager, who was extremely rude and tried to prevent me from going to their office so that she could leave work early, even though I was one block away. Note to any business owners or important people: do test calls on your office managers to see how professional they are/aren't.

And one other time, I went straight to Capitol Hill for an emergency matter that needed intervention and would've been a simple phone call and letter. They hesitated at first to help, but then they decided to help after all, once they found out we were associated with media companies and flashed our badges. Congressmen are lazy in my opinion. Btw, they can usually be found in strip clubs. My friend used to drive several of them around in limos to strip clubs. Our tax dollars "supporting single moms" I guess :-/
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I did once and I received a personal response and my situation was taken care of. Of course that was over 30 years ago. LOL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I've written many, and gotten signed form letters in return. The one time I like to think it made a difference was when Al Checchi ran for governor. He did a commercial where he had people mispronouncing his name, and one of the mispronunciations was "chichi" which in Spanish means breast, So to me, he was calling himself a boob in a highly Mexican populated state, and who would vote for someone who called himself a boob??? So I sent him a letter saying so. I never heard anything in return, but about a week or so after I sent the letter I quit seeing the ads. It may have been purely coincidental, but I like to think I had something to do with it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2013

• I know it would be somewhat cathartic for me, but I can't help but wonder if it's ultimately a waste of time. They won't even listen to each other, & it's obvious they don't care about their constituents, so why bother :/

mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2013