Do I have the right to be upset?

My sister found out through a myspace survey that I took, that I smoke cigarettes on occasion. When I say on occasion I mean I have only smoked a total of five cigarettes in the last three months. I answered the question honestly because I never felt that I needed to hide it. I ONLY smoke outside on our patio when my kids are in bed for the night and DH is inside with the kids (just in case they wake up). My sister ended up asking me about it in front of my parents on Saturday. Why anyone should care what I do is beyond me but whatever. So it sparked a huge debate and everyone acts like its the end of the world. My youngest daughter is almost 9 months old and she has always been smaller but is on track for her growth. Now my family is accusing me of smoking during my pregnancy and think that is why she is smaller. I NEVER would have done that and actually I just picked up smoking again in the last three months. CONT.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Before that it had been five years since I smoked. I am just offended that my family thinks I would harm my child like that. My sister walked up to my oldest daughter and said "Maybe you should live with me since your mom obviously doesnt care for you. Your mom smokes and that harmed your sister". I was so upset by that. I would admit if I did that but I DIDNT. Do I have the right to be upset by that? I just feel sad that they think I would harm my children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• OOHH!!! I'd be livid! I tell you, I'd probably quit talking to EVERY ONE of them treating me like that until they quit!!!! You're doing great! Don't get back in the habit again though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yes you do. its really none of their business either way, but your sister definitly shouldnt say things like that to your daughter.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• OP here~ I plan to quit the occasional smoking now. I got rid of my cigarettes already so there is no temptation. I know its a bad habit and I dont want to get started again. Thanks for your reply Anon :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Ohh no she didn't...I would be piiissssed. Now going after me is one thing but to go up to my kid and say something like that the f*cking gloves come off. I would cut every damn one of them out of my life for a while till they can mind their own back door.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:30 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yea u should be upset. i WOULD!!! seriously? how is ur sister? if my sister did something like that.....oh would id get her back. and yes i have told her that if she let anything out that i didnt wnt the whole damn family knowing. she would be in for it. hahaha. i know that is immature of me to do but seriously it would teach her a lesson.
    i wouldnt talk to her. and if something comes up and someone says why arent u talkin to ur sister? well she needs to be the one to appologize not u! jmo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• thats has actually honestly happened to me about 2 years ago. i live really far away from my family and from time to time i send them pics of my little one and thru a stupid survey thingy on myspace, i had recieved tons of emails about my smoking habbit, and that my child was small for her age. and let me tell you... i wasnt even smoking while i was pregnant! anyways... my sister saved the survey with all my answers and showed my mother! and the replies i got in emails was saying no wonder your daughter was born so tiny...no wonder she is so tiny....ect......
    well what i ended up doing was just blowing it off, and letting them keep there opinions to thereselves and didnt let it get to me b/c i knew it wasnt true. i made a survey of my own, waited for my sis to do it, then i e-mailed the results to my mother and got the pressure off of me b/c all her answers in the survey i made up had to do with family! paybacks are a b*tch!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Get over it. Your an Adult right? Make your own decisions. If it is embarrassing to you, then maybe you should re-think smoking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• YES I WOULD BE MAD IT'S NONE OF THERE BIZZ I SMOKED A PACK A DAY WHEN I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGO I WENT DOWN TO ONLY 5 A DAY MY BABY WAS VERY HEALTHY AND SHE WAS 6 POUNDS 14 OZ AT BIRTH I THINK THAT IS A NORMAL WEIGHT NOW SHE IS A HEALTHY PRETEEN !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Anon 1:04 am- Your an adult too (or atleast you should be but because your anon I wouldnt know for sure) so why answer this if your just going to make a snide remark? Childish much?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2009