Has anyone over 40 females tried Ambrien? wrong word... amberen

I've been eatting so good have a very movable job, take walks with my dog. But I keep gaining weight. I've started having night sweats, menopause is not fun!! I'm 45 will be 46 in June. I keep seeing Ad's for Ambrien. Has anyone taken it does it work? I just don't want to waste my money as I don't make a good wage.

*Sorry http://www.amberen.com/?wm_crID=14810904&wm_lpID=66754381&wm_ctID=433&wm_kwID=31339125&wm_mtID=3&wm_content=0&wm_g_crID=21877651140&wm_g_kw=amberen&wm_g_pcmt=&wm_g_cnt=0&gclid=CImw847O8rUCFYZcMgodGXsA7A&wm_kw=amberen&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=amberen&utm_campaign=brand+-+amb+1&wm_sd=1

Metabea

Asked by Metabea at 10:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Amberen? Ambrien? Ambien?
    1st is for menopause,2nd is a diet pill,3rd is a sleep aid

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2013

• After I stoped having my period and went to my doctor to get a blood test to see if I was going threw menopause. I was. About 6 months after that I was having night and day sweets and mood swings like crazy. My doctor precribed Prempro. Works like a charm. Will hate it when I have to come off it.

Answer by louise2 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I went through all that too. I am currently taking Activella. It works great too. I researched Amberen. It's not FDA approved. I don't like to mess with stuff that is relatively new with not a lot to back it up. All you can do is try it if you want. The Black Cohosh did nothing for me.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2013

• Have your Thyroid checked. Probably a sluggish Thyroid. When was the last time you had a physical & blood work done?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I'm on Thyroid med's already I get checked every 3 months. It's not that. It's just been since all this menopause stuff started. Feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle! My 8 hour work day at break time food is (mind you this is 2 breaks so breakfast and lunch) 1 banana, 2 cuties, 1 greek yogurt with 97% nuval granola, and 2 servings of almonds, (doc said to eat those cuz my good closterol as a little low) home I have lots of steamed or baked veggies, 1 serving of baked or crockpot cooked white meat and either brown rice or potato. I did recently find rutabaga to be really really good and I could replace potato with that and be really happy. I walk my dog 2 times a day (less in the winter since the sidewalks are icy. Today we walked 2 1/2 miles!
    Metabea

Comment by Metabea (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2013