Got any interesting spring cleaning stories?

i decided to use the shop vac for the ceiling, corners, vents, etc. i figure starting from the top is probably the most logical way to go. anyway i was doing my bathroom vent, and the vac was pulling the vent off a little. suddenly a (dead) bug fell out, i screamed (my windows are wide open btw) fell off the chair, banged my arm on the wall, and practically had a heart attack... LOL! yeah- i have a huge fear of bugs, dead or alive. but i didnt know it was dead until after i calmed down.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Glad you are ok! I have a bug fear story, that is slightly cleaning related:

Once I came home from school to find my mother and brother cautiously watching an overturned glass on the floor. They claimed to have caught a scary unidentified bug. I looked under the glass to find a little cat hair that had been electrified after going through the dryer. LOL!
    It did move away whenever someone got near, but really!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• Well, I can say that you clean a lot more in depth than me. How the heck do you get the vacuum up to the ceiling vents?? I really should do that in the bathroom. I've wiped them down, but for some reason, I get this weird buildup of white dust. I asked a question about that before. It's weird, like a white powder only flaky. I'm pretty sure it's asbestos and I am going to die from methothelioma.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. I have many.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I vacuumed out our floor vents and must have left one open somewhere. At about 2am this morning (in fact I know it was then because that's when the time changed...woke up at 1:50 or something, and when I laid down 15 mins later my phone had switched to 3:05), I jolt out of bed hearing an animal crawl through the vents. Panicked like all get out because whatever was in there was HUGE. I was thinking a big raccoon or possum. Found the open floor vent and started throwing things down it trying to scare off whatever was in there. It started hissing at me. Then meowing. Then my 20+ pound fat ass of a cat pokes his head out. Gave me a damn heart attack, but then I was laughing because he was stuck...his fat behind was stuck and needed assistance getting back out LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2013