Entitled step daughter

My Step daughter is 15 I have a 16 year old daughter myself my dh and my daughter we live in a two bedroom apartment (right now thats all we can afford) We have sd eowe and she complains that she has to share a room with her step sister. What ya'll think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• It does seem too old to have to share but complaining is the purview of teenagers. Just ignore her
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• No teenage girl wants to share her room.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• its sd complaining my dd doesn't mind.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• At that age I remember complaining about a lot of things. She will just have to get over it. Life isn't fair.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• If she were here more time we would save up for a bigger place but she's only here 4 days out of the month.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• She's gonna have to get over it. I mean it is the way it is...it could be worse!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• There really is nothing to NOT complain about at that age. So ignore.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• Your sd prob feels like she doesn't have a place in your house. When she's there, she likely sees it as she is having to sleep in her step sisters room - which is very different from actually sharing a room with someone. Just my opinion from having grown up in a blended family.
    If there's any way you can afford it I would move to a 3 bdr. If there truly isn't, make sure she at least has a say in how the room is decorated and her own space to store stuff.

Answer by missanc at 1:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• 4 days a month...she can suck it up or sleep on the couch
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 1:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• Well hopefully she has dedicated space in the room and your dd should respect that even when sd isn't there.

If both those things are good, then she just needs to suck it up.
    macbudsmom

Answer by macbudsmom at 2:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2013