What to wear for family portraits?

Hubby and I have 1 ds8, dd7, and dd6months. I am the hardest to buy for (gaining weight) so, I am trying to find something cute to wear and build the family's outfits onto that--

I've been all through Old Navy, Kohl's, and Gabriel Bros. (No TJMaxx nor Ross, here)

Suggestions??

Where can I shop that's not horribly expensive? Also, ds8 is a cub scout. I am not sure I'd do a family portrait with him in uniform, but was thinking of bringing it for him to take a picture alone wearing his scouts best!

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 2:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2013 in Shopping

• Thrift shops, consignment shops. Coordinate colors but don't do the matchy match.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2013

• We just wore our usual clothes. I didn't want to go matchy matchy with it, but it wasn't until later that I realized me, DH, and DS1 were in shades of blue and DS2 was in red.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• Blue Jeans and white tops are always classic
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I'd just look for a really pretty solid color top. Probably in white. Have you looked at Target?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• Do you shop online at all? Coldwater Creek has a great clearance /sale section where I have gotten some really good buys. I agree you can't miss with white shirts for everybody especially if photos are taken outside.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 2:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I think white shades look awesome outside, especially on the beach. These are probably going to be studio pix. I will check out coldwater creek, thanks!
    txdaniella

Comment by txdaniella (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• Thrift shop
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• Also try JC Penney online.

And if shopping anywhere online Google the store and the word coupon. Retailmenot should come up in the results and they have great coupons. I saw a couple for free shipping today.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 3:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• I had one done in lack and white, and they were studio ones...they looked great

Answer by older at 3:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2013

• The most fun family portraits we ever did were at one of those dress-up places in the tourist towns where you can pretend to be outlaws or fancy pioneer ladies. It was informal, of course, but those are the pictures that seem to get showed off to everyone because of the fond memories that go with them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2013