Should I take her back?

I had a falling out with one of my best girl friends about a year and a half ago. Now, she has contacted me and wants to be friendly again. I have missed her, but she is very high maintenance and somewhat of a prima donna. I am not sure I have time for people like that anymore. Yet, we shared many fun times and she can be really nice. I am not sure what to do. It seems a little awkward. Also, I would feel uncomfortable going to house again if there were other people there as they surely must know she and I did not talk for a year and a half. It would be embarassing. What would you do? Should I try to rekindle the relationship, or should I let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I went through something similar a few years back, my friend called and wanted to talk again we took it very slowly, in the year we didnt talk we both formed close friendships with others, she is in many ways a handful at times and there were issues with how she talked to me as if i were a child. Now we are friends again but not as close, we have amny friends in common and they have all been great about not getting involved as we try to work things out, i dont think we will ever be as close but we did miss each other and i am happy we are friends again.

if you want the friendship back then do it slowly, keep in mind the things that broke the friendship up and work to avoid those situations and talk openly with each other about the things that happened, this helped us a ton and we set boundries she knows not to act like my mother and tell me how to live lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Only you know the answer.. Is it worth it to lose this friendship or keep it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• if this is a person you can talk honestly to, let her know what you need from her to be friends again.If not then you can be her friend but limit or control how and when you see her.You do not have to do anythng more than lunches now and then, or events with just the 2 of you.Set a comfort level, and leave it there.I have found that sometimes w/close friends that have drifted there is too much leftover resentment to ever heal it.Good luck tho, you obviously care for her, or you would not have even considered it. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:25 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I think it would depend on why we stopped talking. I lost some friendships because of my drinking. When I got sober, I apologized to most of those people. I have re-established friendships with a few of them over the last eight years, and it has been great. Some people will never forgive me, and that is a consequence of my drinking, and I accept that.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 3:27 AM on Feb. 16, 2009